Kelli Reep from Methodist Family Health was on to talk about their initiative to help the kids there at their facilities. From their website: The 9th Annual Get Up & Give collection project asks Arkansans to contribute necessities to the children and families in our care. The project is during the entire 40 days of Lent – Wed., Feb. 14 through Thurs., Mar. 29 – and both children and adults can participate by donating personal hygiene items, clothes, shoes, school supplies, bedding, funds and other necessities to the Methodist Counseling Clinic in their community.
Here’s Kelli’s fabulous recipe:
Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Brownies
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 2 hours, 30 minutes
Total time 2 hours, 35 minutes
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
2/3 cups cocoa powder
1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (melted)
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the melted butter, cocoa and sugar until smooth.
- Add salt and eggs and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Spread batter into a slow cooker lined with parchment paper sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drizzle the melted peanut butter over the brownie batter and swirl gently with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on lowest setting for 2 hours.
- Uncover and cook 30 minutes.
- Lift out of slow cooker with the parchment paper and let cool.